Financial Advice Provider – Visavis Financial Ltd (FSP 509126), trading as INNOVEST
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +64 9 280 4700 / 0508 466 683
30 O’Rorke Rd, Penrose, Auckland. Post: PO Box 7003, Wellesley St, Auckland 1141
Visavis Financial Ltd (INNOVEST) has been granted a Transitional Licence by the Financial Markets Authority.
This information will help you to choose a financial adviser that best suits your needs. It will also provide
some useful information about the financial adviser that you choose.
What sort of advisers are we?
INNOVEST provides advice to our clients about their mortgages, personal loans, life insurance, health insurance, fire and general insurance, and KiwiSaver. Our financial advisers provide financial advice in relation to these financial advice products.
We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers.
- For mortgages, we work with the following lenders
- ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Westpac, Go Home Loans (formerly Sovereign Home Loans), Cooperative Bank, TSB, DBR Finance, Avanti Finance, SBS, Resimac, Liberty Finance, Asset Finance, Basecorp, Goldband Finance, Prospa, Select Finance, Bluestone, First Mortgage Trust, ASAP Finance, NZCU Baywide, Cressida Capital, Southern Cross
- For life insurance, we work with the following insurers
- Fidelity Life, Cigna, Partners Life, AIA, Asteron
- For health insurance, we work with the following insurers
- Accuro, NIB, Partners Life, AIA
- For fire and general insurance and business insurance, we work with the following insurers
- AON Stylecover, Tower (via referral), Delta, AON CPF Business Insurance (via referral), CoverMore (travel insurance), PetPlan (pet insurance)
- For KiwiSaver, we work with the following partners
- Generate KiwiSaver and NZ Funds
What should you do if something goes wrong?
We are always looking for ways to improve our service to you. If something has gone wrong, we want to know.
Please send an email to [your email address] and tell us what has happened and how we can resolve matters. If you have any documents or correspondence that will help us understand your complaint, please attach them to the email.
When we receive your complaint, we will:
• acknowledge your complaint within 1-2 working days
• gather and evaluate information about your complaint
• respond to you within 20 working days.
If we cannot agree on how to resolve the complaint, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL). FSCL are an independent, not-for-profit, external dispute resolution scheme approved by the Minister of Consumer Affairs.
FSCL’s service does not cost you anything and they will help resolve the complaint.
You can contact FSCL:
• by calling 0800 347 257
• by emailing email@example.com
• through FSCL’s website: www.fscl.org.nz
• writing to: FSCL, PO Box 5967, WELLINGTON 6011
How we are regulated by the Government
You can check that we are a registered Financial Advice Provider at www.fspr.govt.nz.
The Financial Markets Authority regulates financial advisers. Contact the Financial Markets Authority for
more information, including financial tips and warnings.
You can report information or complain about my conduct to the Financial Markets Authority, but in the event of
a disagreement, you may choose to first use the dispute resolution procedures described above (under “What
should you do if something goes wrong?”).
As Financial Advisers, we are usually paid by the Provider that you choose to use. On some occasions we are not
paid directly, and therefore may invoice you directly for our services. In these events, you will be notified in
advance, and asked to confirm your acceptance of the fee(s) prior to our commencing work on your behalf. There
will be no charges for any work not previously discussed and agreed upon.
Conflicts of Interest and Incentives
For life insurance and health insurance, Kowhai Advice and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies on
whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Kowhai Advice and your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium.
For mortgages, Kowhai Advice and the financial adviser receive commissions from the banks with whom we arrange mortgages. If you
decide to take out the mortgage, the bank will pay a commission to your financial adviser.
The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the mortgage.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our
recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
INNOVEST, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to
the way that we give advice. We are required to:
• give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
• exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
• meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these
are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
• meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
This Disclosure Statement, (version 4) was updated on 11th March 2021.